Open the product fully and position the end with the wings and fixation tapes to the back ensuring that the wings are fully opened before applying the pad. Make sure the back sheet is on the outside and the soft white inner lining is next to the skin.
Gently pull the wing around to the front of the pad. Use the blue positioning tape to pre-apply the product on both sides.
When you remove the Slip lift the white tape off the blue tape ensuring that the blue tape remains on the waterproof backsheet.
Depending on the anatomy of the user the wings may:
Hints and Tips
- Consider selecting Attends shaped pad/pants before using Slips - they offer much greater discretion.
- Choose the Slip according to hip or waist size – whichever is the largest.
- Choose the absorbency based on the volume of urine passed. Start by choosing a lower absorbency number for example level 8 before moving to a higher absorbency for a more discreet and comfortable fit.
- Slips can offer effective management for people who may pull out shaped pads.
- Ensure you keep the ruffles on the flexible leg gathers on the outside of the Slip – this keeps the waterproof backsheet away from the skin.
- Keep the adhesive tapes at the back when fitting the Slip – you then know it is the right way round.
- Let the anatomy of the user decide whether the wing is applied like a belt or positioned in a more downwards direction.
- If the wings overlap the tapes can be fixed on top of the wing.
- If the pad is fitted when the user is laying down follow the same sequence as for fitting the pad in a standing position. To make sure the pad remains in place, place a hand on the back of the Slip when the user is turned from their side on to their back.
- Use the wetness indicator to centre the whole pad.
- Check the wetness indicator - if the wetness indicator has disappeared over half the length of the pad (60%) the product requires changing. If not the pad can be reapplied.
- Reseal and reuse the Slip when toileting if the product is clean and dry.
- When you unfasten the tapes the blue tape should remain in place on the product.
- Do not stick tapes to the skin.
- Clean skin as per your local policy.
- Clean from front to back.
- Avoid oil based creams if possible. Powders should not be used at all as these will affect the absorbency of the pad, preventing urine being absorbed and placing the skin at risk.
- Check all aspects of fitting and assessment.
- Check that you have the correct size.
- Only increase the absorbency of the pad when you have checked it is not a fitting issue and following clinical assessment.
- Roll up pad and dispose as per your Trust’s clinical waste policy.
- Do not flush the pad down the toilet.
|Attends Slip Active are tested and approved by proDERM,
Institute for Applied Dermatological Research